Insurance Bad Faith
Helping Kentucky residents in fighting unfair insurance practices.
If you pay for insurance (automobile, health or any other kind of insurance), then you should expect professionalism, coverage, and timely claim handling with no unexplained claim denial. Any service you pay for should be that way – you get the service for the money you pay (in theory this is how it should be). But what if your insurance claim has been denied for no apparent reason? We serve Kentucky and its residents in these situations.
What is bad faith litigation? Bad faith litigation occurs when an insured person suspects that the insurer has acted in “bad faith.” The term “bad faith” means that the insurer has delayed claim processing for no apparent reason or has breached the contract and failed to reimburse the claim all together. It is believed that insurers are trying to avoid paying the claim, hoping to retain the money. In other words they try to make processing such a hassle for you that you practically give up your idea of getting the money you deserve. Some people fall for this trick and settle the case for less than it is worth; however, others will pursue the terms of the contract with its insurer to get the reimbursement, often times with the legal help of an attorney. In most cases such cases are settled prior to trial.
We will try the following insurance claim denials and delays:
- Health insurance claims: if your medical bill was not covered by the insurer where you believe it should be we can help. Usually simply resubmitting the claim has little or no effect and requires professional legal counseling.
- Auto insurance: if your auto insurance claim has been unreasonably delayed or denied, then you should contact our office as soon as possible to accelerate the process of reimbursement.
- Life insurance: if you lost a loved one, and the life insurance company refuses to provide the benefits call us immediately.
- Disability benefits:if you purchases a disability policy and have made a claim for benefits that has been denied, please call us.
- Third-Party Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Act-This is when a person injured as a result of someone else’s negligence and the negligent party’s insurance company refuses to resolve the claim after liability becomes reasonable clear.
All of these types of claims have better outcomes when held by professional attorneys. Hans will personally ensure that your case gets the proper attention. Be sure that we will serve you with professionalism and courtesy.
However, one must realize that not every claim denial is bad faith insurance litigation. There are many insurance companies on the market that play fair and they will deny your claim only in outstanding situations. But if you believe that your insurer is no longer following the terms and conditions specified in the contract, it is in your best interest to pursue bad faith insurance litigation and contact Mr. Poppe to discuss your options and get compensation insurer.
Why should you contact us? It is best to contact an attorney that has prior experience in handling such complex cases. Hans has valuable knowledge and experience in this area of law. Your compensation can include monetary compensation that equals what your claim is worth, plus accrued interest, and any other expenses that may have resulted from the denial of or delay of your claim. Sometimes a customer may be also be eligible for mental suffering compensation.